|vs. Ervin Santana||PA||BA||OBP||SLG||HR||RBI|
|Derek Jeter SS||27||0.435||0.519||0.739||2||2|
|Nick Johnson DH||3||0.500||0.667||0.500||0||1|
|Mark Teixeira 1B||30||0.261||0.367||0.435||1||7|
|Alex Rodriguez 3B||24||0.227||0.292||0.500||2||7|
|Robinson Cano 2B||22||0.250||0.273||0.600||2||5|
|Jorge Posada C||13||0.222||0.385||0.556||1||3|
|Curtis Granderson CF||26||0.217||0.308||0.522||2||3|
|Nick Swisher RF||30||0.148||0.233||0.259||0||0|
|Brett Gardner LF||3||0.000||0.000||0.000||0||0|
Home Opener Facts
- For the first time since 1968, the Yankees will host the Angels in their home opener. In that game played on April 10, the Yankees beat California, as they were know at the time, in a 1-0 pitchers’ duel.
- Since 1901 (including two seasons when the franchise resided in Baltimore), the Yankees are 72-36 (.667) in home openers. Only the Toronto Blue Jays at 25-9 (.735) have a higher winning percentage in their home opener (the Jays lost yesterday’s home opener to the White Sox).
- The Yankees have played the most home openers against the Boston Red Sox (26) and Washington Senators (22).
- The only American League team that the Yankees have never hosted at a home opener is the Seattle Mariners.
- The only team to have a winning record against the Yankees in their home opener is the Detroit Tigers. The Tigers have won three of the five openers they have played in New York.
- The most runs scored by the Yankees in their home opener was 19 against the Washington Senators on April 13, 1955.
- The most runs given up by the Yankees in their home opener was 12 against the Detroit Tigers on April 12, 1983.
Individual Yankee Home Opening Day Accomplishments (Since 1920)
- No Yankee has hit 2 or more HRs in the home opener.
- Most RBIs: 5, accomplished by Tino Martinez (April 10, 1998 vs. Oakland) and Willie Randolph (April 13, 1987 vs. Cleveland).
- Most hits: 4, accomplished by Wade Boggs (April 4, 1994 vs. Texas), Paul O’Neill (April 12, 1993 vs. Kansas City), Willie Randolph (April 13, 1987 vs. Cleveland) and Babe Ruth (April 13, 1921 vs. Philadelphia).
- Most strikeouts by a pitcher: 12, accomplished by David Cone on April 11, 1987 in a loss to Oakland.
- Fewest hits allowed by a pitcher (in a CG): 2, accomplished by Bob Turley (April 12, 1959 vs. Boston) and White Ford (April 13, 1995 vs. Washington).